Here at Loony Literature we enjoy both Literature and Family History. Therefore we have decided to do a monthly feature- if the readers like it – on literary links which you may or may not be surprised about. They are all true, apart from one – you have to decide which one it is. Please put your answers in the comment box. The true culprit will be identified in next month’s challenge.
Charles Dickens is Emily Dickinson’s 5th cousin 3 times removed.
Charles Dickens is John Steinbeck’s 5th cousin 4 times removed.
Charles Dickens is J.M. Barrie’s 2nd cousin 5 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Jonathan Swift’s 3rd cousin 4 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Jane Austen’s 7th cousin 1 time removed.
Charles Dickens is Robert Louis Stevenson’s 7th cousin 2 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Sir Walter Scott’s 6th cousin 4 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Elvis Presley’s 5th cousin 6 times removed.
Charles Dickens is George Eliot’s 5th cousin 7 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Arthur Conan Doyle’s 6th cousin 4 times removed.
Charles Dickens is Elizabeth Barratt Browning’s 7th cousin.
Charles Dickens is Aldous Huxley’s 8th cousin 4 times removed.
Disclaimer – this is just for fun and all information is taken from Ancestry.co.uk who allow families to upload their history. Neither Loony Literature or Ancestry.co.uk can be held responsible for any errors therefore.
- “Charles Dickens and His Time”: Conference (universidade Nova De Lisboa) (rollason.wordpress.com)
- Collaborate with Nietzsche, Dickens, and Shakespeare in Google Docs demo (theverge.com)
- A ‘Dear Charles’ Letter (ciggiecramond.wordpress.com)
- Dickens (suddenlytheyalldied.com)
- Charles Dickens, we salute you (2mfblog.wordpress.com)
- Review: The Haunted House by Charles Dickens (roofbeamreader.net)
- Bid to honour Charles Dickens’ Scottish connections (scotsman.com)